While Arsenal may have gotten off to a flying start in the Premier League last weekend against Fulham, there are still a handful of issues that need to be resolved. A few of those problems stem from injuries and while the Gunners do have a near enough fully fit squad, there are two players that are still working their way back up to full fitness.
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
• Now running outside and continues strengthening programme.
• Aiming to return to full training by the end of September.
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21.
Latest update on Gabi:
• Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
• Has now returned from visiting family in Brazil, where he followed a tailored daily rehab and fitness programme.
• Will now commence daily strengthening and recovery programme with our rehab and medical teams.
• Aiming to return to full training by the end of the calendar year.”
Arsenal have a big enough squad as it is, and when these two are back in full training, you have to wonder whether or not the same players will be present on the training ground. After all, there’s still a few weeks left for some transfer window drama to go down at the Emirates.
Quotes courtesy of Arsenal.com
Which of these two players are more important to Arsenal?