We’re now just 48 hours away from the biggest, and last, game of the season as Arsenal prepare to go to war with Chelsea in the 2020 Heads Up FA Cup Final. Ahead of the vital clash, which will determine whether or not the Gunners win a trophy and qualify for next season’s UEFA Europa League, the club has released some updated team news.
Left out of squad on Sunday as a precaution due to tightness in right calf.
Hector has resumed training with the squad.
Right knee. Sustained moderate ligament sprain during Brighton & Hove Albion (a) on June 20.
Now participating in outside running and ball drills.
Aiming to be back in full training this week.
Right hamstring injury sustained during Emirates FA Cup semi-final on July 18. Further assessments during the week identified a significant injury to the right hamstring.
As a result, Shkodran had a successful small procedure to his right hamstring on Saturday.
Shkodran is now in the early stages of his recovery and rehabilitation, receiving specialist attention and support from our medical team.
Aiming to return to full training in October.
A further update on the following players with longer term injuries:
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.
Latest update on Calum:
- Progressed to the next stage of his recovery and is now running and integrating outside with light ball work
- Will continue to work hard throughout the new close season period with the aim of being back to full training as soon as possible this calendar year
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.
Latest update on Pablo:
- Now off crutches after surgery and moving freely without aid
- Has returned home to Spain for a short period, where he continues to receive specialist attention and extensive therapy
- Due to return to the UK in August to resume his rehabilitation at our training centre throughout the new close season, with the aim of returning to full training in September
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21. Successful arthroscopic procedure undertaken to repair a lesion in the cartilage of the left knee.
Latest update on Gabi:
- Currently recovering in a knee brace after his operation, which took place during the last week of June
- Surgery was successful, with consultants and the Arsenal medical team very encouraged with Gabi’s current progress at this stage of his recovery
- Currently at our training centre every day receiving specialist attention and support from our medical team
- Will continue his recovery throughout the new close season period, with the aim of a return to full training by the end of the calendar year”
Are you confident heading into the final on Saturday?